Friday 13 June 2008

Isle of Wight Festival

Well it's the start of the annual Isle of Wight Festival today and I've been googling around for any Buddhist connections to justify a post. The "editorial" policy here is to cover Buddhist items and then the Island if there's a Buddhist connection and then Buddhist related U.K. news that takes my eye.

So I here's a piece from the 2005 Isle of Festival when Faithless fronted by lead vocalist Maxi Jazz, a Soka Gakkai Buddhist played.

Maxi Jazz responds well to the Island. “I’ve never been here before in my life, and Jimi Hendrix played here, and it’s a really beautiful place. The crowd look really friendly. I don’t know if I’ve been on it long enough to realise that it’s an island yet, because I thought it probably only takes about ten minutes to get to the other side and we took forty minutes to drive to the hotel, on some of the wildest roads I’ve ever been on. The air is so sweet and you can taste it as you breathe it, its so nice”. Read More........

No comments:

Post a Comment