Monday 29 September 2008

Ten Bulls, In Search of the Bull (aimless searching, only the sound of cicadas)

1. The Search for the Bull

In the pasture of this world, I endlessly push aside the tall grasses in search of the bull. Following unnamed rivers, lost upon the interpenetrating paths of distant mountains, My strength failing and my vitality exhausted, I cannot find the bull. I only hear the locusts chirring through the forest at night

Comment: The bull never has been lost. What need is there to search? Only because of separation from my true nature, I fail to find him. In the confusion of the senses I lose even his tracks. Far from home, I see many cross-roads, but which way is the right one I know not. Greed and fear, good and bad, entangle me.

The bull is always here I see, feel, hear and smell but give it no name.

The bull is the eternal principle of life. The ten bulls represent sequent steps in the realization of one's true nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment