Wednesday 29 October 2008

Ten Bulls, Discovering the Footprints


2. Discovering the Footprints

Along the riverbank under the trees, I discover footprints!
Even under the fragrant grass I see his prints.
Deep in remote mountains they are found.
These traces no more can be hidden than one's nose, looking heavenward.

Comment: Understanding the teaching, I see the footprints of the bull. Then I learn that, just as many utensils are made from one metal, so too are myriad entities made of the fabric of self. Unless I discriminate, how will I perceive the true from the untrue? Not yet having entered the gate, nevertheless I have discerned the path.

Footprints in the snow teaching consequence and order.

The bull is the eternal principle of life. The ten bulls represent sequent steps in the realization of one's true nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment